Gill Propeller Anemometerby: Young / GWU
Order No.: SW2101.1
Product information "Gill Propeller Anemometer"
The Gill Propeller Anemometer is a low threshold precision air velocity sensor employing a fast response helicoid propeller. The instrument uses a high quality tech-generator transducer which converts propeller rotation to a DC voltage that is linearly proportional to air velocity. The output signal is suitable for a wide range of signal translators and data logging devices.
Technical Data: Model 27106
- Range, Axial Flow: 0-30 m/s (70 mph)
- Range, All Angles: 0-25 m/s (55 mph)
- Propeller: 22 cm diameter 4-blade helicoid propeller, expanded polystyrene (EPS)
- Pitch: 29.4 cm air passage per revolution
- Distance Constant*: 1.0 m (3.2 ft.)
- Threshold Sensitivity*: 0.3 m/s (0.6 mph)
- Signal Output: Analog DC voltage proportional to axial wind component. Polarity reverses with reverse rotation. 1800 rpm (500 mV) = 8.8 m/s (19.7 mph).
Technical Data: Model 27106T
- Range, Axial Flow: 0-40 m/s (90 mph)
- Range, All Angles: 0-35 m/s (80 mph)
- Propeller: 20 cm diameter 4-blade helicoid propeller molded of carbon fiber thermoplastic (CFT)
- Pitch: 30.0 cm air passage per revolution
- Distance Constant*: 2.1 m (6.9 ft.)
- Threshold Sensitivity*: 0.4 m/s (0.8 mph)
- Signal Output: Analog DC voltage proportional to axial wind component. Polarity reverses with reverse rotation. 1800 rpm (500 mV) = 9.0 m/s (20.1 mph).
Power Requirement: Anemometer is self powered.
Operating Temperature: -50 to 50°C (-58 to 122°F)
Specifications represent nominal values determined in accordance with ASTM standard procedures.
*Threshold and Distance Constant values are for axial flow.
The Model 08274 Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Propeller can be easily damaged by careless handling, high winds, hail, or birds. Damage from these causes is not covered by warranty. If the EPS propeller is repeatedly damaged, consider using the more durable though slightly less sensitive Model 08254 Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic (CFT) Propeller.
Delivery time: on enquiry!