Potentiometric Wind Direction Transmitter - First Classby: Thies
Order No.: SW2044.12
Product information "Potentiometric Wind Direction Transmitter - First Class"
The wind direction transmitter serves for the detection of the horizontal wind direction
in the field of meteorology and the technology of environmental protection.
- High level of measuring accuracy and resolution
- High damping ratio at a small delay distance
- Low starting threshold
- Magnetic coupling, which is free of hysteresis and wear, situated between the axis of vane and potentiometer.
- Easy removal, and mounting when changing the ball bearing
Mode of operation
The dynamic characteristics of the wind vane is achieved by the aluminum light-weight construction. The co-action of wind vane and balance weight results in a high damping ratio with small delay distance as excellent characteristic of the complete vane.
The axis of the wind vane is running in ball bearings, and is coupled, in contact less magnetic manner, with the axis of the integrated potentiometer. Thus, clearance and friction in the coupling are avoided, and an easy starting is guaranteed.
An AC- or DC-voltage of 24 V is intended for the separate supply of the optional heating. In all probability, the heating guarantees a trouble-free function of the Wind Direction Transmitter First Class even under extreme meteorological icing-conditions. The outer parts of the instrument are made of corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum, and stainless steel. Highly effective labyrinth gaskets and O-rings protect the sensitive parts inside the instrument against humidity and dust.
Output signal options:
- Potentiometer 2 kOhm (without protection, Measuring accuracy: 1°)
- Potentiometer 10 kOhm (without protection, Measuring accuracy: 1°)
- For winter operation the wind direction sensor can be equipped with an electronically-regulated heating system to prevent freezing of the ball bearings and the outer rotation parts.
Shipping time on enquiry!